The modern market dictates the rules of business development, based on the demands of consumers. Year by year, your online presence becomes more essential for creating a positive brand image. SEO ranking is one of the most important factors for helping new clients find you, and getting them to choose your services. It is important to use SEO as part of your advertising campaign, since your ranking in search results has a profound effect on your business’s revenue.
The Impact of SEO
The SEO ranking of a webpage has a direct impact on your business’s client flow. The paid ads often used to promote less authoritative and lesser known resources do not evoke the same trustworthiness as strategies that pay more attention to clients and provide high-quality services. Paid ads rarely lead to a stable increase in client flow and revenue. On the other hand, a long-term SEO campaign grants higher organic ranking positions that give your business the image of a trustworthy and reliable services provider, with less initial investment. Both paid ads and SEO contribute to your position on a Search Engine Results Page (SERP), but a campaign optimized for SEO will yield better long-term results.
SERPs are the results pages rendered by a search engine in response to a user query. It is essential to understand how to analyze the results of SERPs, to determine which features of the top listed pages gained them their high ranking.
There are three important criteria that SEOs can define by analyzing search results:
- Standard and efficient format. The title should give the reader a good idea of what is on the page.
- Overall character count of around 55
- Natural and organic use of keywords and keyword combinations
- Overall character count of around 200
- The description should attract users and make them want to check out the page
- Use primary keywords in a description
- Include a call to the action in the description
- URL Information
- URLs should be short and to-the-point
- Include a keyword or keyword combination if possible
- Hyphens make the URL more readable
- Use lower case letters only
You can only find basic criteria by analyzing SERPs. Professional agencies use advanced techniques to define the most useful and efficient criteria, and use special tools to create a more efficient campaign.
Checking the CTR
Click-Through-Rate (CTR) is a tool that lets you track the efficiency of your ads’ performance and define the most effective ones, to avoid spending money on unproductive ads. It is also a great way to determine if you have chosen the right target audience, and to predict how many users the ad will attract to your platform.
CTR also has other benefits, such as:
- Helps detect the most efficient channels for promoting your products or services, so you can decide whether to increase the frequency of posting new materials, place new ads on different platforms, and add time-limited offers to attract even more interested users.
- Gives you current statistics about your target audience, to help you decide if you need to cover more channels.
- Defines potential issues in your marketing campaign, so you can get rid of inefficient ads and redirect your resources to more fruitful ones
It is important to note that the Google search engine’s ranking system can change its criteria up to hundreds of times per year. The tools mentioned here can help you adapt your advertising campaigns to fit the demands of your audience. It is essential to track the most fruitful resources, keywords, and strategies you use to promote your business, and choose the best ones to maximize your marketing campaign’s performance.