Your private medical clinic’s website is your online business card, helping potential clients to understand the scope and quality of your services, and how you stack up against your competitors. It is essential to provide visitors with ample information about your clinic, to instill trust and confidence in choosing your services. The more useful and current your information is, and the more professional you appear, the more likely visitors are to contact you and make an appointment.
Importance of YMYL pages
Your money for your life (YMYL) is how Google describes pages that can have a negative impact on your Search Quality Rating. YMYL especially impacts health and medical websites, in the interest of protecting the public from inaccurate and potentially harmful information. Pages that include content that can potentially impact a user’s health, happiness, safety, or financial stability are considered YMYL pages. YMYL pages contain diverse information about various aspects of our everyday lives, for example:
- Shopping: sales, a new product presentation, or a new shop opening.
- Finances: banking or insurance information, retirement, and taxes.
- Healthcare: current pandemic situation, drugs, medical research, and other health-related topics.
- Current local or global news about science, politics, healthcare, business, and other topics that impact wellbeing and safety.
The Google Search Engine seeks to provide each user with essential and trustworthy information, and punishes offenders by lowering their ranking in search results. Your website’s content should fit its title and contain links to trusted sources who researched your topic. The best way to add high-quality and reliable content to your clinic’s website is to hire a professional digital marketing agency. Digital SEO experts know how to prepare your website’s content so that search engines promote it over your competitors. Failure to optimize your website for SEO can cause your position in search to disappear from page one, and cause you to lose potential clients.
What is EAT, and how does it work?
In 2013, Google published its Search Quality Rater Guidelines, designed to clarify the key methods used by the search engine to identify the best quality websites, and to help webmasters better understand how to use them for their needs. This document includes the expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness ranking factor (EAT). It identifies and provides the most accurate and trustworthy information to users asking specific questions, such as the side effects of a particular drug.
EAT methodology is closely connected to YMYL pages because their information may influence the user’s health and well-being. EAT is extremely useful for identifying inaccurate and potentially harmful information that can negatively affect the user. To fit EAT algorithms, you should carefully check your website’s content, quote trusted sources, and support it with known facts. When you work with an agency providing professional web services, you can rest assured that your content will satisfy Google’s EAT and YMYL guidelines.
Add a trophy corner to your website
Showcasing your credentials, skills and knowledge helps you build rapport with potential clients. Designating a special page that lists academic degrees, special certifications, awards and other achievements lets visitors know that you are a qualified and trustworthy professional.
Items you should include on your trophy page include:
- Certificates. Professional development certificates show patients that you and your staff are staying up-to-date on the latest information about diagnosis and treatment.
- Academic diplomas and credentials let patients know that you are a trained and reliable healthcare provider.
- Awards from professional associations and community organizations highlight your professional achievements and community service.
- Clinic photos and videos. Add some feel-good elements to represent the best parts of treatment at your clinic.
- Testimonials from satisfied patients. Positive feedback from satisfied patients lets visitors know that you have a good professional track record.
All of these factors can influence EAT and YMYL results. To get the best SEO results from your medical website, use professional services to make sure your website works properly, and lets new customers find you easily.